If Entertainment makes your monthly budget tight, you should eliminate expensive cable packages and consider the best cable alternative. There are several great streaming services available with low pricing and high-quality video content.
If you’re interested in cutting the cord to cable TV for a better entertainment experience, you should consider these 11 best cable alternatives.
Best Cable TV Alternative for Live Content
- Disney Bundle
- Hulu+ Live TV
- Sling TV
- Paramount TV
- YouTube TV
- Philo TV
- Amazon Prime Video
- Local Networks with an Antenna
- Television Channels Online
Disney Bundle is one of the best cable alternatives. Disney Bundle includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+, which covers major entertainment series, movies, and sports. You’ll pay $13.99 monthly for access to the full library of Disney, Hulu, ESPN Plus, and Hotstar content on your phone, TV, or web browser. As you gear up for a subscription, here’s Why Disney Bundle is considered a Cable alternative:
- You can Stream thousands of shows, movies, originals, new releases, live sports, and more.
- Stream endless movie shows from Disney+, Hulu, and live sports on ESPN+.
- There’s something for everyone with The Disney Bundle.
- Stream Anywhere, Anytime, and watch many New Releases. Exclusive Originals Adult Animation and Action Movies
- Disney Plus will have a lot of original content. It’s the main reason people are paying for the service, and Disney plans to release eight to 10 original films per year on the service. The company is also working on several TV series and specials.
- Disney Plus will be enough to win over customers from Netflix and other streaming services. For just $7 per month, subscribers can get access to an enormous library of movies and TV shows from across the Walt Disney empire — everything from the latest Star Wars shows to The Simpsons.
Hulu with Live TV
HULU + LIVE TV is a good cable alternative if money is not a problem. Hulu began as a streaming service offering on-demand content but soon expanded into offering live TV as well. For $70 per month, you get Hulu’s traditional catalog of shows and movies, plus you can stream 75+ top Live and On Demand TV channels on Hulu, including sports, news, and Entertainment. Recently Disney+ and ESPN+ subscriptions also got added with Hulu + Live TV.
HULU + LIVE TV Cost
We have two main live TV plans to choose from*:
- Hulu + Live TV now with Disney+ and ESPN+ for $69.99/month**
- Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV now with Disney+ and ESPN+ for $75.99/month**
Why you consider Hulu + Live TV as a Cable replacement:
- Good channel mix for families: Live TV subscribers can watch live sports, breaking news, awards shows, and primetime dramas.
- Local teams and weather forecasts, the latest Hulu Originals, and thousands of shows and movies in the Hulu streaming library.
- You can watch popular kid’s networks like Disney and Cartoon Network. Family-friendly channels like Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Universal Kids, and Boomerang
- Premium channels add to the cost: No premium channels are included, but you can add HBO®, Cinemax®, SHOWTIME®, and STARZ®.
- Educational channels like Discovery, History, NASA, and National Geographic
- National sports channels like ESPN, FS1, SEC, BTN, and ACCN
- National news channels CNN, Fox News, ABC News, MSNBC, and CNBC
- Attractive interface
- Good channel selection
- Unlimited cloud DVR
- Lots of menus and Expensive extras
Sling TV is the leading streaming content provider in America, with over 200 channels in 34 languages. Sling TV offers more content than its competitors – and allows you never to be far from home. It’s the best cable alternative right now. Sling TV international and Sling TV Hindi are very popular among south Asian people living in the USA.
Sling TV cost:
50% OFF 1ST MONTH
|Sling Blue||$35 per month|
|Sling Orange||$35 per month|
|Sling Orange & Blue||Blue $50 per month|
Why Sling TV is considered a Cable replacement:
- Better price.
- Wide variety of channel packages
- Available on a large number of devices
- No annual contract.
- No hidden fees.
- Easy online cancellation.
Among the best alternatives to cable, YouTube TV offers 85+ channels of sports, entertainment, news, and more. For $64.99 per month, you can.
YouTube TV also provides access to many popular cable channels so that you can watch all your favorite shows without having to pay an exorbitant amount each month like most people do when renting from companies like Netflix or Hulu Plus (which don’t always have everything you’re looking for).
fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live TV streaming service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies, and news for the entire household.
the sports-focused live TV streaming service fuboTV offers live coverage of the following soccer leagues:
- UEFA Champions League
- Europa League
- Super Cup
- Nations League (new in 2021)
- Women’s Champions League (new in 2020)
FuboTV is a great option for football fans. fuboTV has the NFL Network, NFL RedZone, and NFL Sunday Ticket. In addition to these leagues, fuboTV offers access to highlights from other big-name European clubs and competitions such as La Liga Santander, Ligue 1 Conforama, and Primeira Liga.
Why FuboTV is a better cable alternative?
- For a starting price of $70 per month, a fuboTV subscription provides access to more than 80 popular broadcasts and Multiple packages, including an Ultra package featuring 200+ channels.
- Lots of channels are available, including sports channels and cable news networks. fuboTV offers NBA League Pass and NBA League Pass Premium, both of which are sports streaming services.
- No contracts or cancellation fees
- FuboTV is a great option for football fans. fuboTV has the NFL Network, NFL RedZone, and NFL Sunday Ticket.
Read fuboTV vs. Cable TV: Which Should You Choose?
We all love TV, and Both cable and DirecTV offer the major broadcast and cable-based networks. But we live in a big, fast-paced world. That’s why DIRECTV has brought you the best of both worlds in one place: easy access to live and on-demand programming that goes where you go! Now watching your favorite shows is easier—and more fun—than ever.
- It’s TV like you’ve never experienced! Watch the shows you love LIVE or ON DEMAND right on your laptop or mobile device.
- DIRECTV STREAM brings you Live & On Demand TV Streaming, Sports & Movies at home & on the go.
- Enjoy over 275 channels of live sports and entertainment programming from your favorite networks in stunning 4K Ultra HD resolution for no extra charge when you sign up for AT&T Unlimited Plus Enhanced Fixed Wireless Internet service.
- You can take your TV with you with the FREE DIRECTV App. Enjoy live streaming or Amazon Video on Demand from your phone or tablet1.
- With the DIRECTV App, you can take your TV with you. Just download the app and sign in to stream your favorite channels in HD quality. It’s that easy! Watch live streaming or on-demand shows2 from your phone or tablet1.
- Choose from the best premium sports packages, including NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, and NHL Center Ice. Get scores, standings, stats, news, and more!
- Choose from the best premium sports packages available, including NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, and NHL Center Ice. Get scores, standings, stats, news, and more!
- Streaming service is included with your DIRECTV package. Start streaming Live TV & On Demand programming with the free DIRECTV app.
Read DirecTV vs. Cable TV: Which Should You Choose?
Paramount Plus is a subscription-based streaming service. A variety of shows are available on CBS, BET, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV, and The Smithsonian Channel.
In addition to new releases, classics from Paramount, Miramax, and MGM are included. There are also Paramount Plus originals in the library that you cannot find anywhere else.
You can even watch your local CBS channel live, but that feature is exclusively available to the Premium plan.
Additionally, the streaming service has introduced the Live Channels feature, allowing subscribers to easily access its best content. This feature offers themed channels that offer shows and movies,
Paramount Plus includes
With Paramount+, you have access to more than 30,000 episodes and movies from BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Paramount Pictures, and Smithsonian Channel, as well as exclusive original programming, live sports, breaking news, kids’ programming, your local CBS station (with the Premium plan only), and so much more!
- Paramount Plus Originals
- Kids and Family
- Spanish audio shows
Best Cable Alternative in All Categories:
Disney Bundle and it’s the best cable alternative for all category fans. This is because many shows and movies from the Disney Channel and Disney Junior are available on this service.
For sports fans, ESPN is on board, as well as local channels like NBCSN or CBS Sports Network, which can be watched live without any cable package! Disney+ has a lot of content from Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars too. There are also quite a few shows that you won’t find anywhere else, like Fox’s Last Man Standing or ABC’s The Bachelor franchise, including Dancing With The Stars.
Best Cable Alternative for Sports Lovers:
You’ll want to consider ESPN Plus and Sling TV if you’re a sports lover. They both offer a wide variety of live and recorded sports games for major professional leagues.
- Sling TV carries some of the best sports programmings around at an affordable price point — just $25 per month gets you over 30 channels covering news programming as well as entertainment options such as
Best Cable Alternative for DVR Users
If you’re a person who loves their DVR, the best cable alternative is Sling TV. You can use Sling TV to watch many of your favorite shows live and on-demand, but it will not let you record anything for later. You can’t pause or rewind any recorded content on Sling TV, either.
Best Cable Alternative for Cord-Cutting News Junkies
If you’re a news junkier, it’s good to know that you can get cable news channels online. CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC are all available on their own sites. If you have Internet access, you can watch these three channels without paying for cable.
However, there are also other great online news sources, such as The New York Times and The Washington Post (both of which have apps). These two newspapers offer content that is similar to what is offered on cable networks.
Best Cable Alternative for Kids & Families
If you’re looking for a cable alternative that’s good for families, Sling TV is a solid choice. The service has a Kids Extra package that includes Disney Junior and Disney XD, as well as another separate package with HBO. You can also add on Cinemax or Showtime separately if you’d like.
If your family wants to watch sports or other live events together online, fuboTV offers multiple packages—including an entry-level $55/monthly option that includes.
Best Cable Alternative for Network TV Lovers
If you’re a sports fan or just want to watch your favorite network shows, here are the best cable alternatives:
- Sling TV is one of the more popular streaming services in the industry, offering a selection of channels for $25 per month. You can choose from three separate packages with different channel lineups and prices. For example, if you want to watch network favorites like The Bachelor and Saturday Night Live, you should opt for the Orange or Blue package (both cost around $25 per month). Alternatively, if you only care about watching news programs such as CNN and ESPN scores updates during daytime hours on weekdays, then go with their Sling Orange + Blue bundle ($40/month), which includes both types of programming under one subscription price!
- Philo TV offers 50+ channels at just $16/month without any contracts or hidden fees — a steal compared to other live TV providers like Directv Now, which charges almost double that price while still having fewer options available without adding additional plans! This includes Comedy Central at no extra cost, unlike YouTube Premium etc.
Low-Cost Cable Alternatives
If you’re looking to cut the cord, there are a lot of options. Here are some low-cost cable alternative services:
- Sling TV: A mix of live channels and on-demand content for $20/month (or $50/month for three months)
- Philo: 40+ channels for $16/month with no contracts or commitment required
- Hulu: 50+ channels starting at $40 per month (no contract required)
- Paramount+: 30+ channels for $15/month with no contracts or commitment required (available in select cities only)
- fuboTV: 100+ sports networks including ESPN, Fox Sports 1 & 2, and NBCSN (starting at $45 per month; comes with a free trial week)
So there you have it, the best cable alternatives. There are many different types of cable alternatives, each with its own benefits and downsides. It is important to know which channels you want before choosing one. Each streaming service has its own benefits and drawbacks. Some cost more than cable, while others cost less. Some have a more extensive library of content, while others have fewer channels but offer better quality live TV. But Basic packages can be affordable. We hope this guide helped you choose the right option for your TV watching needs. There’s no one size fits all solution when you’re looking for the best cable alternatives, but Disney Bundle and Sling TV are the most purchased streaming channels. Your best bet is to decide what kind of content you want access to most. Then you can buy accordingly from our list.